torstai 13. tammikuuta 2011

In English, please!

Today I had my first lectures of Scientific Writing and Presentations for Pharmacy Students -course. The course lecturer is a funny-looking man who was talking real British English. I loved listening his speaking because of his accent.

I have always been a bit shy to speak in English - however reading, writing and especially listening is easy. After the lectures I thought that it's not so terrible to speak in English after all. We all had a chance to say and tell something in English and I think it went quite well. I just need more courage to do that and speak more.

We were talking about difficulties everybody find in speaking and writing in English. I found out that I'm definitely not the only one who has problems and difficulties with English grammar, punctuation and many other things. We also talked about formal and informal expression. The lecturer was talking in English the whole lecture. But he also told us how it was like when he came to Finland and started to study Finnish. He already knew five different languages but Finnish was something really unbelievable. He told us how he had many difficulties to learn such a complicated language but after all in no other language you can make up words and they really exist. That's the funny thing in Finnish. So after all we can be proud of our own language.

Now I'm looking forward to the next lectures. However I have to write an essay plan and a draft so there's a lot of work to do...

See you next time!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti